Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

GUIDE: Blanking EGR On Peugeot 207 HDI Fiesta TDCi

Well Today made a decent step in the right direction for fuel economy power torque and up keep on service life. I am Possibly the first person to be able to do this on a 207 maybe even this HDI engine thoughtout PSA with out triggering the engine management light or depol fault. This May Also work on the Fiesta TDCi engines although different Inlets and general design may not correspond to pictures here but its the same engine and principal. Well iv Blanked off the EGR Valve which is a must really on diesels as these chuck crap back into the intake and make things in general not good. EGR Valves are explained here http://www.automedia.com/Exhaust_Gas_Re ... 060101eg/1

So onto how iv done it. well its real simple really just awkward to get at first a diagram of what it looks like on paper.

Click here to enlarge

now there are two parts to the EGR the valve its self and the Recyclyng tube the tube often becomes blocked and causes problems which is why removing / blocking it is a good idea. so what i have simply done is block it off at the area marked number 2. This is simply just a gasket to which a made a new one from metal easy job.

so here is a rough guide

First off disconnect the battery and remove the engine cover and air filter housing. Next up move the fuel filter housing of the holder. and remove the holder held in by 3 bolts.

Click here to enlarge
    as you can see just behind it is the EGR Valve Its self
    Click here to enlarge
    have a feel behind the valve towards the bulk head there will be to long bolts to remove fiderly to remove but not excessively tight. once these are removed follow the tube to the left with your hand you will then feel it hanging bracket held in with one bolt remove this bolt. follow it round till it gets to the inlet manifold it is held in with two torxs screws undo these and pull the pipe off.

Click here to enlarge

as you can see full of nasty crap!! now it is difficult to remove these from the car but there is no need too. simply move the unit to a posistion where you can get to the valve to remove the gasket.

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Use the gasket to mark out the new blanking gasket then cut it out and fit back on to the valve.

Click here to enlarge

now becarefull not to drop the gaskets as they just seem to disappear down a magic black hole and are a pig to find! i found threading the bolts back through the valve to catch them in place helped allot.

then just simply refit the way you removed it. job done now you should have better economy bit more power, bit more torque, smoother engine and a cleaner engine inside.

it is recommended that you get a catch can for the head breather pipe as this too chucks crap into the inlet manifold then the only things going into the engine should be fuel and air.

Re: GUIDE: Blanking EGR On Peugeot 207 HDI Fiesta TDCi

Nice guide

Banter Klaus

Nice one! Strange that you're not getting any errors. Keep us updated, incase they decide to pop up in a few days.

good guide, although i didnt think it was as easy as that! should eventually flag a fault, or will deffo record it anyway.

is this the 1.6 DV6 lump yeah? Click here to enlarge
    Resident idiot! Click here to enlarge

Peugeot 207 GT 1.6HDi 110 FAP.
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to see my 207 progress thread.